Cahaba Media Group is an entrepreneurial and growing company with a strong balance sheet and an appetite for future growth.
To fuel that growth, we need smart, passionate and hard working people on our team who share our values. If this fits your description, we would love to talk with you about a career at our company. Cahaba Media Group is a great place to work. We employ great people who do work that they enjoy in a culture that rewards their efforts and actively promotes a healthy work/life balance.
We only select “A Players” for our team. For that reason, we are selective and rigorous in our hiring process. If you are one of the top 10 percent, and you want to work for a company that recognizes that and rewards you for it, please contact us.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS:
We have an immediate opening for a senior level magazine Editor who will oversee the content strategy and overall strategic brand direction and presence for our HomeCare Magazine, HomeCareMag.com website, and their associated other digital media properties.
- Setting editorial direction for the brand
- Managing and coaching editorial staff
- Setting editorial calendar
- Accepting and reviewing editorial submissions
- Copyediting articles
- Working with Creative Director on design of final products
- Networking and building relationships with industry professionals
- Meeting with readers, potential writers, and advertisers at industry conferences
- Working with publisher and sales team to develop growth strategies for the brand
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or English
- 10+ years of experience in an editorial role at a magazine/digital media publishing firm
- 2+ years of experience as Senior Editor, Editor, or Editor in Chief
- B2B publishing experience is a plus
- Outgoing personality and demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience with industry leading digital media trends
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant
Cahaba Media Group has an immediate opening for a critically important member of our team. The office manager serves as a key member of the administrative staff by assisting three different departments with a variety of duties.
These duties include:
- Key point of contact with several key vendors
- Occasional phone interaction with clients to follow up on billing or order details
- Light bookkeeping assistance
- Light data entry/data analysis using Excel spreadsheets
- Responsible for ordering office supplies, communications with landlord, etc.
- Mail distribution
- Outgoing, positive personality
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Quickbooks experience not necessary, but a plus
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
For further information or to send your resume, drop us an email at moc.a1487963727idema1487963727bahac1487963727@sboj1487963727.