The only way to do good work
is to love what you do
Cahaba Media Group is an entrepreneurial and growing company with a strong balance sheet and an appetite for future growth.
To fuel that growth, we need smart, passionate and hard working people on our team who share our values. If you fit this description, we would love to talk with you about a career at our company. Cahaba Media Group is a great place to work. We employ great people who do work that they enjoy, in a culture that rewards their efforts and actively promotes a healthy work/life balance.
We only select “A players” for our team. For that reason, we are selective and rigorous in our hiring process. If you are one of the top 10 percent, and you want to work for a company that recognizes that and rewards you for it, please contact us.
Are you a freelance writer, photographer or designer? We’re always on the lookout for brave talent to supplement our experts here. Let’s get together via email and see if there’s a connection. Send us what you’ve got, and if it’s a good fit, we’ll add you to our roster.
For further information or to send your resume, drop us an email at email@example.com.
Current Job Openings:
SALES DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
Entry level inside sales position with opportunities for advancement. A great opportunity for a recent college graduate. Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or sales is an advantage, but not required.
- Research accounts identifying key players and generate interest
- Identify qualified sales opportunities in large, enterprise accounts
- Update lead and prospect activity in CRM database to ensure effective lead management
- Set qualified introductory meeting for the sales team
- Exceed weekly, monthly, quarterly lead development quota
- Prioritizing time and opportunities based on the biggest impact for the business
- Occasional travel of 2-3 days per quarter to attend trade shows and visit client offices
Skills and Competencies
- Positive and energetic phone skills
Excellent listening and writing skills
- Has zero call reluctance
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- The ability to work independently while collaborating with other teams and leaders
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills
- Likes to have fun at work.
Associate Editor for Pumps & Systems Media
Are you obsessed with the written word? Are your friends and family members afraid to text you because you might correct their grammar? Do you find yourself diving down a Google rabbit hole, researching a new interesting topic? If so, you might be a good fit to join our team as an associate editor.
We are a B2B digital and print media company with three brands—Pumps & Systems, HomeCare and Construction Business Owner. Pumps & Systems’ readers are engineers, operations and maintenance professionals in the pump industries, which include oil and gas, food and beverage, water and wastewater, power generation, chemical processing, and more. Our content is provided by highly regarded experts in the field and edited by the Pumps & Systems editors, who also write content, keep the website and social media up to date, produce a podcast and publish three newsletters weekly.
Skills and Competencies:
- bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or communications
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience and/or internship experience
- some copy editing, reporting and/or writing experience
- familiar with AP Style, InDesign, Drupal/WordPress (or similar content management system)
As an associate editor on the Pumps & Systems team, you will:
- Handle news releases sent to the publication for print, online and newsletters
- Work with the sales and edit teams on write-ups about new product
- Assist with production of the three weekly newsletters
- Assign and edit articles for the magazine, website and newsletter
- Edit InDesign layouts during production of the monthly print magazine
- Assist with social media engagemen
- Assist with production of the podcast
- Assist with webinars and other content marketing project
- Attend in-person and virtual trade shows for various industry organizations