Cahaba Media Group is an entrepreneurial and growing company with a strong balance sheet and an appetite for future growth.
To fuel that growth, we need smart, passionate and hard working people on our team who share our values. If this fits your description, we would love to talk with you about a career at our company. Cahaba Media Group is a great place to work. We employ great people who do work that they enjoy in a culture that rewards their efforts and actively promotes a healthy work/life balance.
We only select “A Players” for our team. For that reason, we are selective and rigorous in our hiring process. If you are one of the top 10 percent, and you want to work for a company that recognizes that and rewards you for it, please contact us.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS:
Managing Editor – Full Time
We have an immediate opening for a Managing Editor who will research, solicit, edit, and develop content for our Pumps and Systems brand. With an average monthly audience of over 180,000 professionals, the brand includes a monthly print trade magazine, a robust content rich website, several weekly newsletters, webinars, and other custom content projects. This 25 year old brand has loyal readers in over 100 countries around the world who are engineering, maintenance and operations managers in industries such as chemicals, oil refining, water treatment, power generation, marine, and food production. The content sounds more intimidating than it is, and our ideal candidate does not need to be an engineer, but does need to have excellent writing and editing skills, and familiarity with AP Style.
- Accepting and reviewing editorial submissions
- Copyediting articles
- Reporting and writing original stories
- Working with Creative Director on design of final products
- Networking and building relationships with industry professionals
- Travel to several industry conferences each year to meet with industry professionals, readers, potential writers, and advertisers.
- Working with publisher and sales team to develop growth strategies for the brand
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or English
- Experience in an editorial role at a magazine/digital media publishing firm is helpful, but not required
- A portfolio of writing samples
- B2B publishing experience is a plus
- Outgoing personality and demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience with industry leading digital media trends
Marketing Manager – Full Time
The Marketing Manager assists in the development, management and deployment of marketing initiatives for all CMG brands as well as customers engaging us for their content marketing materials. Reporting to our Creative Director, this position is part of a team that works with our web managers, art directors, account executives and editors. The Marketing Manager is responsible for creating and managing in-bound marketing and lead-nurturing campaigns for effective lead generation. Experience in marketing automation platforms, research, gathering and analyzing data, and the development of reporting documentation is required. A working knowledge of HTML and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus. Efficient workflow and project management skills are necessary.
- Develop in-bound marketing campaigns and lead-generating strategies
- Develop nurture-campaigns to assist in moving prospects along the sales funnel
- Track and understand algorithm changes from Google, social media, etc.
- Develop data-driven strategies for web, e-news, and social audience development and retention
- Stay abreast of media trends and best practices
- Monitor and build digital audiences and improve engagement
- Collect and report website and e-newsletter analytics
- Upload digital content consistent with SEO and SEM best practices
- Track performance of ad placements for effectiveness
Content Marketing (in house and for clients):
- Work with the content marketing team to develop content strategies and oversee their deployment
- Assist editors with social media agendas and facilitate as necessary
- Curate and repurpose content for internal marketing purposes
- Develop lead-generating materials like e-books, white papers and webinars
Other Marketing Support:
- Develop lead-generation processes and reports
- Assist in updating presentation and proposal materials
- Support in developing new house ad campaigns for all brands
- Leverage marketing opportunities at trade shows, customer events, and associations
- Other duties as needed
For further information or to send your resume, drop us an email at moc.a1503419532idema1503419532bahac1503419532@sboj1503419532.